Get in touch with us
Regards to Sales: Lexi@proofdistillers.com
Click below for full job descriptions
Proof Artisan Distillers is the first legal whiskey distillery in North Dakota’s history, Proof proudly creates nationally awarded whiskies, gins, vodka and liqueurs from the highest quality North Dakota grown potatoes, barley and corn. Proof utilizes only natural whole ingredients to flavor its products highlighting the spirits themselves.
- Grain to barrel to bottle to glass every drop produced on site in Downtown Fargo, ND
- Nationally awarded – 40+ and counting
- No shortcuts or bulk corporate alcohol used
Proof Artisan Distillers is seeking an experienced Event Sales Manager. The successful candidate will be an experienced, take-charge professional, with the ability to manage administration and logistics of tour groups’ lunches and dinners, plus special events. Must be able to anticipate event needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, and provide excellent communication with our customers. In addition, the Event Sales Manager will do market research, sales prospecting, public relations, customer relationship management, event planning and coordination, and logistics oversight. This position also prepares proposals for clients and maintains well-organized event records. The Event Sales Manager also builds and maintains working relationships with internal and external partners and leverages these relationships to deliver innovative and memorable events.
- Negotiate and prepare event agreements with clients for special events and private events.
- Actively recruit new event partners
- Coordinate with the Marketing department for event initiatives
- Identify need periods and undertake a comprehensive program of sales activity to secure new business minimizing the impact of low activity periods.
- Assist in the development and solicitation of Banquet and event package plans aimed at conference business and encourage repeat business.
- Attend trade and travel shows of various market areas to promote Proof Artisan Distillers
- Encourage repeat business through excellent customer service and inquiry handling.
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs.
- Make certain all private dinners, tour group lunches and dinners, and special events are tracked, calendared, and communicated
- Ability to handle a high volume of email and phone communications while meeting deadlines.
- Exceed guests’ expectations in all requests, plans, actions, and always promote Proof Artisan Distillers
- Arrange for any related amenities with outside vendors such as flowers, equipment rentals, and audio/visual equipment.
- Interact with catering partners on event dates and times, food set up and displays for events to ensure the highest quality of food production, standards, presentation, and service.
- Work closely with the events team on the monthly special events calendar.
- Coordinate, attend, and execute all special events from beginning to end
- When setting up and tearing down an event, must be able to manage staff in a respectful manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with others, including vendors and staff alike.
- Have a full understanding of staff engagement with the guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma.
- At least two years’ experience successful track record in event sales and execution.
- Must be an effective team player.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Possess a positive attitude, where no project or problem is too big or too small and nothing is above or beneath you.
- Must remain calm under any stress or pressure.
- Have a polished and professional presence, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Be highly organized, with excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work long hours for events.
- Must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend and pull; be able to manipulate hands, fingers, and arms.
- Must be able to climb stairs, while holding heavy and light items.
- Must be able to handle exposure to outside elements (heat, wet/damp, and cold conditions).
Proof Artisan Distillers is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Proof Artisan Distillers to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees, without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.